image_pdfimage_print

FSI acquires 35% of Sterling

Milan, 2 August, 2022 – International Law firm Ashurst assisted FSI SGR in the signing of an binding agreement with Sterling, a leader in the production of active principles used to treat pathologies in oncological, breathing and dermatological contexts, for the realization of a partnership aiming at the creation of a go-to business at a European level in the sector of the production of pharmaceutical active principles.

Following the completion of the investment, the Ferlin family will own 65% of the capital of the Sterling Group, while the remaining 35% will be owned by FSI. Almost all the investment of FSI will be structured through a capital increase, with the purpose of equipping Sterling with the financial resources necessary to undergo an ambitious development plan both organic and through acquisitions.

Ashurst acted beside FSI taking care of the legal aspects of the transaction with a team led by the partner Fabio Niccoli supported by the senior associate Andrea Di Rosa and the trainee Carolina Quagliata. Due diligence activities were managed by a multi-disciplinary team coordinated by Andrea Di Rosa (senior associate) and composed by Andrea Enni (associate) and Carolina Quagliata (trainee) for corporate aspects, Luca Maria Chieffo (counsel) and Beatrice Melito (associate) for banking&finance aspects, Elena Giuffrè (partner) and Marco Messina (trainee) for administrative and regulatory profiles, Matteo Sortino for real estate profiles and by the Firm Toffoletto De Luca Tamajo with Aldo Palumbo (partner) and Alessia Barbante (senior associate) for labour law aspects.

Pavia e Ansaldo managed tax aspects of the transaction for FSI with a team composed by Giuseppe Galeano, Francesca Marchiori and Gianluca Disabato.

In the transaction the in-house legal team of FSI was also involved, made up by the general counsel Francesco Bernocchi and the responsible for compliance Simone Terenzi.

The Law firm of the lawyer Stefano Mazzi supported the Ferlin family and the company.