Business Event organized by Association of European Business (AEB), RUSSEZ in collaboration with Pavia e Ansaldo
November 26, 2019 from 16:00 to 17:20 (registration starts at 15:30)
Moscow, AEB Conference Centre (68/70 Butyrsky Val bld.1; 1st floor).
Russian Special Economic Zones (SEZ) represent one of the important tools to stimulate foreign investors to allocate the production in the Russian Federation and to increase the economic activity of the Country. SEZ provide not only strategic and financial advantages to its Residents, but also easing the bureaucratic obstacles in various stages of the investment process.
The event is structured to present a complete guide for investment in SEZ in one hour and twenty minutes. Guests will learn about investment in SEZ starting from the investment decision, until the completion of the investment project. The speakers will clarify smart strategies when receiving government support measures, creative ways for structuring the project and managing it in time as well as the overall benefits of SEZ, more particularly the legal and financial aspects.
During the event, Pavia e Ansaldo will cover the following topics:
- brief overview of types, legal status, regulation of SEZ in Russia;
- obtaining of legal status of a SEZ Resident and requirements thereto;
- analysis of the most important provisions of a standard Agreement on Industrial and Production activities, overview of the recent court practice;
- overview of different types of acquisition of a title to the property within the territory of SEZ, deal structuring and possible risks mitigation (legal title, town planning, possible legal restrictions, infrastructure access, ect.);
- chief advantages, tax and custom benefits offered by the Free Zones to the producers, how they differ from the benefits provided by the investment agreement with the local authorities.