We have several decades of extensive experience in judicial and extrajudicial handling of matters related to industrial, intellectual, and information technology property law.
Within the macro-area of IP/IT, the department provides specific services on the following matters:
- Trade marks and other distinctive marks
- Supplementary protection certificates
- Geographical indications
- Trade secrets, know-how and confidential information
- Unfair competition
- Advertising and labelling
- Telecommunications, Media and Information Technology
- Franchising and licensing agreements.
Our activities encompass:
- All types of Italian and foreign litigation dispute resolution
- The development of strategies to protect patents, marks and design (whether national or transnational), in close collaboration with the client and the client’s consultants
- Support in joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions in highly technological sectors and sectors with a high level of IP rights
- Negotiation and drafting of all types of contracts concerning industrial, intellectual and IT property, including licence and technology transfer agreements.
Since the department was set up we have been by our clients’ side in all the latest and most controversial developments in their respective sectors, even in high stakes “bet-the-company” suits. We have developed specific expertise in the transnational IP litigation sector and examined in-depth the interaction between IPR and antitrust. The team is particularly versed and has extensive experience in Life Sciences patent litigation and litigation in the electrononics and IT sectors (e.g., FRAND and software licensing). We habitually act for large domestic and international luxury brand and fashion groups in protecting their designs and distinctive marks and we provide advice and legal assistance to foundations and world-renowned artists of different disciplines with regard to protecting their copyright in Italy and abroad.
26/11/2019 - Technology innovation: challenges and opportunities for business sectors and legal profession
1-2-3/10/2019 - Italian Digital Challenge – Brussels, 1/2/3 October 2019
01/08/2018 - World Legal Summit 2019 – Rome
02/07/2018 - Emerging Designers Reviving South Africa’s Textile Industry
23/11/2017 - La protección del know how y los secretos industriales y comerciales en Europa. Novedades en el ámbito de la directiva (EU) 2016/943 y la experiencia en Italia.
30/10/2015 - PAVIA e ANSALDO IN THE SALE OF SEGRALL TO ALIBABY
14/07/2015 - PAVIA e ANSALDO RENEWS THE OFFICES OF MANAGING PARTNER AND SENIOR PARTNER AND ADOPTS NEW GOVERNANCE
03/06/2015 - SANDOZ REPRESENTED BY PAVIA e ANSALDO OBTAINS NULLITY OF ASTRAZENECA'S PATENT FOR ANTIPSYCHOTIC QUETIAPINE SR