Over the past twenty-five years we have accumulated vast experience in the energy sector, advising leading Italian and international companies in the gas, electricity and renewable energy sources sectors.
Technical competence in the energy market, combined with our multidisciplinary approach, ensures first-rate assistance in the acquisition and development of energy infrastructures, both in Italy and internationally.
Our experienced team provides quick, expert legal advice on the regulatory, environmental, contractual, corporate, and financial aspects of:
- Developing and financing infrastructure projects
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the construction and running of infrastructure (including EPC, BOT and O&M)
- Acquisition of infrastructure and of companies operating in the energy sector
- Drafting and negotiating gas and/or electricity purchase and supply agreements and tolling agreements
- Administrative litigation in relation to regulatory matters and directives issued by the Italian electricity and gas authorities
- Civil litigation in relation to performance of contracts concerning the construction of plant and infrastructure.
The Energy department has wide-ranging technical legal experience in matters relating to:
The electricity sector
- Development of both conventional and renewable sources energy production plant projects (including cogeneration, waste disposal and waste-to-energy plants, and wind and photovoltaic plants)
- Acquisition of electricity infrastructure and companies, including their activities of production, sales and distribution
- Agreements for the purchase and sale of energy, of tolling, and EPC
- Regulatory and tariff issues concerning the importation, transmission and distribution of energy, the creation of privately-produced energy networks (SEU) and simple systems of production and consumption (ASSPC)
- Incentive schemes for the production of energy from renewable sources and for energy efficiency
- Establishing the financial aspects of energy infrastructure projects (merchant, project finance, and tolling frameworks)
- Due diligence reports on all legal aspects of projects for the creation of new energy production plants based on conventional or renewable sources, with special consideration given to relevant national and regional regulations.
The gas sector
- Development of LNG gas plant and gas storage projects; writing and negotiation of relevant EPC and O&M agreements
- Transactions for the acquisition of infrastructure-owning companies
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts for the purchase and sale of gas in compliance, where required, with PSV regulations, and tariff issues relating to importation, transport, and storage of LNG.
The nuclear energy sector
- Drafting and negotiation of EPC contracts for the construction and supply of the principal components of nuclear power stations
- Activities connected to the decommissioning of Italian power stations.
- Co-operation with Italian, EU and international supervisor bodies.
14/06/2018 - ‘MOBILITY E-VOLUTION’ La mobilità elettrica tra evoluzione necessaria e opportunità future
02/11/2017 - 22nd Turkmenistan Oil and Gas Conference, OGT 2017
20/12/2019 - Pavia e Ansaldo assists Powel in strategic contract with Enel
14/06/2018 - Pavia e Ansaldo in “Mobility E-volution – electrical mobility between necessary evolution and future opportunities”
19/04/2018 - Pavia e Ansaldo con Selettra per cambiare luce all’Italia
20/02/2018 - Pavia e Ansaldo for 173 MW in grid parity of photovoltaic plants in Italy
09/10/2017 - Pavia e Ansaldo con Green Arrow nell’acquisizione di partecipazioni da SF Suntech Deutschland Gmbh
11/05/2017 - 5 photovoltaic plants built and connected in grid parity (without fee incentives) with a total of 64mwp
08/11/2016 - ORRICK, PAVIA e ANSALDO AND CBA IN THE TRANSFER OF FOUR PHOTOVOLTAIC PLANTS IN THE MARCHE REGION
15/09/2016 - PAVIA E ANSALDO WITH M+W IN THE REALIZATION OF TECHNOLOGICAL FACILITIES FOR STMICROELECTRONICS
28/04/2016 - PAVIA E ANSALDO FURTHER GROWS IN CORPORATE M&A
18/04/2016 - PAVIA E ANSALDO AND ORRICK IN THE PURCHASE OF OMP MONGIARDINO BY ALLIED GROUP
23/02/2016 -PAVIA e ANSALDO AND CHIOMENTI IN THE SALE OF PLANTS BY SOLEA TO JINKO